Nikkor 50mm 1.8 Examples?

Nikon D80
f/2.5
1/2000
ISO 100

Morning-Glory.jpg

I don't think so, the dof will be identical, there's nothing a camera body can do to affect DOF.

With a digital the photos are cropped, that's it... everything else is optically identical.

Its really late here, I'm tired, and even if I was on my game I probably couldn't figure it out for myself. But I think that film is more capable of re-creating depth of field than a digital sensor. This is why the same lens will not have the same depth of field on film as it will on a digital camera. However, once again, I could be wrong.

I'm also hijacking the heck out of this forum, so I will post another thread where some of these really smart people can help me out.

Mav, not to hijack, That depth of field is beautiful. I have a 55mm osaka that goes from 1.2 to 16. Do you have any depth of field tips or sites that would explain things well that you could PM me?

Its really late here, I'm tired, and even if I was on my game I probably couldn't figure it out for myself. But I think that film is more capable of re-creating depth of field than a digital sensor. This is why the same lens will not have the same depth of field on film as it will on a digital camera. However, once again, I could be wrong.
I'm afraid you're wrong. DOF has nothing to do with whever you're using film, or a digital sensor. It has nothing to do with the size of the sensor either. Only the focal length, lens to subject distance and f-stop effect DOF. Stand in the same position, focus on the same subject and two identical focal length lenses set to the same aperture will produce the same DOF, regardless of the size of the film/sensor area, or number of pixels.

Sark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back