Nikkor AF 35mm f/1.8 lens came in and i'm soooo disapointed!

Keep using it!
I'm telling you that lens never comes off my camera! EVER! I actually thought I lost my camera bag today at a shoot, left it on a park bench downtown for over an hour, came back it was still there! but I was just happy I had my CAMERA and my 35mm! lol
are you thinking "fast" as in it will allow you to capture fast moving objects?

I have this lens and I love it.

I'm sorry but perhaps I am missing the point. Even in the extremely terrible testing conditions of these images, the 35mm still far outperforms the kit lens.

Indoors the 1.8 will allow you to ditch the disgusting on-camera flash in many cases. The only reason I sold mine is because I am converting to FX.

Take shots indoors and out using both and then compare. Outside if you want to go wide open for bokeh, you may need an ND filter to cut down on the light being let into the camera. Also, compare at 100%. Look at things other than the face value. Things like 100% zoomed sharpness and Chomatic abberation. Also, are you using a UV filter on these shots?

The 1.8 is going to focus faster, work better in low light with no flash, and will also make your viewfinder brighter for composing in low light or if you want to manual focus because your camera body can't AF too well in low light even with a fast lens.

The kit lens is slow, but is capable of excellent IQ.

Perhaps the reason you don't see much of a difference is because they are both decent lenses for the $$$. Add a 55-200mm and you've got yourself covered 18-200mm with a normal fast DX prime - all for less than $700 if purchased separately.

If for some reason you cant return it and want to sell it for a reasonable price let me know.:sexywink:

yup, my 35mm has yet to leave my camera since purchase.... I dunno what you expected out of a 200 dollar lense, but I tell ya what ... you get A LOT for your 200 with this lense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back