Nikon 55-200mm lens will auto focus but will not take picture

matt423

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Nikon D3000 with an 18-55mm lens which works great. I also have a 5520mm lens that was working great however now it will auto focus but will not take a picture i have tried several different settings but will not take a picture can switch to manual focus and it will take the picture but it is darker than it used to be. Is there a setting that might have got changed that i am just missing or has the lens failed. any suggestions would be great thanks

I have a Nikon D3000 with an 18-55mm lens which works great. I also have a 5520mm lens that was working great however now it will auto focus but will not take a picture i have tried several different settings but will not take a picture can switch to manual focus and it will take the picture but it is darker than it used to be. Is there a setting that might have got changed that i am just missing or has the lens failed. any suggestions would be great thanks
Make sure the lens is in AF mode. Post a pic if you can.

Dont know if we share same problem but my Sigma 18-35mm will take picture only on 18mm, if I will zoom it the camera will AF but will not take a picture.
I thought maybe its a setting issue or something I missed with the lens as its an old lens. I took it to a camera store they played with the lens and mounted it on another camera but they experienced same problem.
Since it is working on 18mm which is the main reason I bought it I will take my time before going to get it fixed but eventually I will get it to Sigma spa and get it working again.
Maybe you need to get the lens to Nikon and have them look at it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back