Nikon 55-200mm lens will auto focus but will not take picture

matt423

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Nikon D3000 with an 18-55mm lens which works great. I also have a 5520mm lens that was working great however now it will auto focus but will not take a picture i have tried several different settings but will not take a picture can switch to manual focus and it will take the picture but it is darker than it used to be. Is there a setting that might have got changed that i am just missing or has the lens failed. any suggestions would be great thanks

I have a Nikon D3000 with an 18-55mm lens which works great. I also have a 5520mm lens that was working great however now it will auto focus but will not take a picture i have tried several different settings but will not take a picture can switch to manual focus and it will take the picture but it is darker than it used to be. Is there a setting that might have got changed that i am just missing or has the lens failed. any suggestions would be great thanks
Make sure the lens is in AF mode. Post a pic if you can.

Dont know if we share same problem but my Sigma 18-35mm will take picture only on 18mm, if I will zoom it the camera will AF but will not take a picture.
I thought maybe its a setting issue or something I missed with the lens as its an old lens. I took it to a camera store they played with the lens and mounted it on another camera but they experienced same problem.
Since it is working on 18mm which is the main reason I bought it I will take my time before going to get it fixed but eventually I will get it to Sigma spa and get it working again.
Maybe you need to get the lens to Nikon and have them look at it.

Most reactions

Back