Nikon 610 vs 810

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks! I'm looking for an upgrade and I'm wondering which camera would be right for me.

I currently own a canon and specialize in portraits and wedding photography. After doing some research, Ive decided to switch to Nikon.

The 610 is in my price range and seems perfect, but I'm wondering if it would be worth spending more on the 810. I'm not going to be doing much landscape photography.

Do you think the 810 is worth the extra money? Because it's a lot of money!

I'm also wondering what the real difference between the D600 and the D610. They seem almost identical.

Split the diff get the D750

I would look at a couple of used D800 bodies, or even three used ones, for the price of one new D810. Similar image quality with the 36 MP sensor. The D610 is a less-robust body than the others; the D600 has the shutter issues and the oil-flinging issues, which the D610 cured. The D610 is a capable imager. I own D610 and D800 bodies. The image quality of both is very high. I prefer the D800's AF capabilities to those of the D610,esp. with slower, variable-aperture consumer-grade lenses. best of luck to you in your decision.

The D600 will struggle at acquiring focusing in low-light situation -- probably not greatest for event photography like weddings in dark reception halls.

The D800 has a better AF module and greater pixel density (without giving up any IQ). It can focus up to -2EV, where the D610 can only focus up to -1EV. The D750 wins here at -3EV.

I've shot the D600 for many years now, and recently moved to the D800. Here's some cons of the D800:

Two different cards types (CF and SD) -- silly and annoying.
Larger Image size -- at 64GB and shooting raw, I dropped from being able to capture close to ~700 images, down to ~400 images iirc
Shoots slightly slower in CH mode.

Pros:
Better ergonomics
Better Button/controls
Better Viewfinder
Flash Sync Ports
Better detail in images

Most reactions

New Topics

Back