Nikon 80-400, 35/1.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8, Tamrac 5612 Pro 12.

Where are them pix Mark? Not that I am interested in buying, as I shoot Canon....

But I'd like to know how the 80-400mm performs. :)

They're coming as soon as I have time to run over and pick up my hard drive. Probably tomorrow afternoon. :)

Mark

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE... SLACKER!

Hey, now. I've got college, work, and I teach a class at my old high school. I've been quite busy. :wink:

In due time, my friend
. :)

Mark

*Checks Date*

:(

No pics yet? lol!
To paraphrase the worthy Tyler..... JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE... SLACKER!

HINT HINT!

Which 500 do you shoot... I am seriously considering something in that range! Sigma?
Yes. The Sigma 150-500. It's good, but it's not a $10,000 lens either. To get really good quality at that focal length costs big bucks. This one does a good job, but not a great job. Autofocus is a bit slow, as would be expected, and it is pretty slow (f/5-6.3). With good light it does a good job though.

I am seriously looking at that lens... I like what I am hearing about it. Lenses like this are just for fun... since I use my pro lenses for serious stuff. I can't justify the cost of the long primes for just out shooting wildlife because I enjoy it, so a lens like this is the next best thing. I am also looking at the Nikon 80-400 (MarkW has one for sale here.. but he doesn't seem to really want to sell it.. no pics! lol). The nice thing about the nikon is that I could use my TC20E III with it.... and not have to invest in other TC's.

HINT HINT!

Yes. The Sigma 150-500. It's good, but it's not a $10,000 lens either. To get really good quality at that focal length costs big bucks. This one does a good job, but not a great job. Autofocus is a bit slow, as would be expected, and it is pretty slow (f/5-6.3). With good light it does a good job though.

I am seriously looking at that lens... I like what I am hearing about it. Lenses like this are just for fun... since I use my pro lenses for serious stuff. I can't justify the cost of the long primes for just out shooting wildlife because I enjoy it, so a lens like this is the next best thing. I am also looking at the Nikon 80-400 (MarkW has one for sale here.. but he doesn't seem to really want to sell it.. no pics! lol). The nice thing about the nikon is that I could use my TC20E III with it.... and not have to invest in other TC's.

Turns out that the 80-400 probably isn't compatible with the TC20e... I was thinking it was. Good luck selling the lens, Mark.. it is supposed to be a nice one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back