Nikon AF-D 50mm f/1.8

akazoly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please post here your pictures taken with a nikon AF-D 50mm f/1.8 lens. I want to buy this cheap lens.

Thanks!

This lens is good only for portrait ? I want to take photos for flowers with DOF. Ok I know the focus distance is not 1:1 like a macro lens, but Is not a big problem for me.

The 50mm lens in almost any flavor or make is a good all around shooter. Add a filter type close-up lens and you have a decent macro lens on the cheap. For several years the 50 and one special lens for flash work were the only lenses I owned. Admittedly this was a long time ago, but it served it's purpose admirably.

I like shallow DOF, and I think 50mm f1.8 lens do for me.

jstuedle thanks !

I got it for xmas, love it so far

heres a few pics ive taken with it

DSC_5263.jpg

DSC_5274.jpg

DSC_5300.jpg

DSC_5284.jpg

DSC_5257.jpg

DSC_3984.jpg

DSC_4149.jpg

For the cost, there is no way you can go without it! Even though i dont use it a ton, it has already made up for the money spent. I cant find the shots wanted to show, but here is one. it is a very sharp lens.
L4.jpg

Yeah it seem it is very good lens, worthy to own. Thanks for the pictures but it took forever to load this thread:lol:. Guys can you please trim that Mb into Kb.

Yeah it seem it is very good lens, worthy to own. Thanks for the pictures but it took forever to load this thread:lol:. Guys can you please trim that Mb into Kb.

There isn't a single Mb image on this page, or one that is even close to it.

It loaded for me in 3 seconds or so.

I want to use the 50mm lens on Nikon D40X. I think, manual focus is not a problem for me. I have a good tripod. I like to learn, and auto focus is boring for me.

But I have a question, manual focus lens damage the camera? is true?

I bought this lens just after xmas - I LOVE IT! and its constantly mounted on my cam - definately worth the money.

SJF_0019-6.jpg

MrBrown.jpg

SJF_0001-2-5.jpg

The 50mm lens in almost any flavor or make is a good all around shooter. Add a filter type close-up lens and you have a decent macro lens on the cheap. For several years the 50 and one special lens for flash work were the only lenses I owned. Admittedly this was a long time ago, but it served it's purpose admirably.

Doesnt the 50mm work well with flash?

i too am looking at this lens. I have a question though.

Since it is not a digital lens, is the 50mm focal length going to be the same as the one I am seeing through my DX lens that I have now? or is it going to be more like 77mm?

Hopefully I am making sense.

Another vote for this lens. It's awesome.

But I have a question, manual focus lens damage the camera? is true?

Not sure where you heard this rediculousness, but it's wrong... manual focusing won't damage a camera.

Most reactions

Back