What's new

Nikon camera/lens recommendation

Thanks to all! If I were to sell my 3 old lenses above ( not sure what series my 28mm is but lens states 28mm 1:2.8 D - is it a series D?), my Nikon 8008s AF camera and a Nikon SB-24 speedlight what should I ask for all? Could the speedlight be used on my new camera?

I was assuming the 28 and 50 were manual focus lenses (not sure why), but if the 28 has "d" on it, it's an autofocus lens and a lot more valuable.

AF-D lenses will work on any nikon dslr with an autofocus motor. This includes the d70,d80, and d90.

On ebay the 50mm AF-D sells for around $90 used
28mm AF-D sells for around $140 used
The tamron should fetch around $60, perhaps a bit more

I would definitely keep the 50mm, but consider selling the other two.

Only sell the 50 if you're going to buy a body that doesn't have an AF motor.
 
keh.com $120 for everything--hardly worth it

That's wrong, keh has a "like new" condition 28mm af-d for $259, BGN condition is $144.

If the 50mm and 28mm are AF-D lenses, it would cost at least $350 to replace his entire kit on KEH.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom