Nikon CLS [chinese shipping sucks]

Hey guys, so I got the triggers and did the mods to them, however there is one hitch.

The red LED on the cactus receiver only lights up when being fired. I noticed that on Jerry's receiver, the red LED was always on. What's the deal?

Also, is the max sync speed 1/200? I tried 1/1000 [triggers max] with auto FP and it still won't go above 1/200.

Am I just being stupid or what?

Hey guys, so I got the triggers and did the mods to them, however there is one hitch.

The red LED on the cactus receiver only lights up when being fired. I noticed that on Jerry's receiver, the red LED was always on. What's the deal?

Also, is the max sync speed 1/200? I tried 1/1000 [triggers max] with auto FP and it still won't go above 1/200.

Am I just being stupid or what?

the red led on mine don't always stay on, they only turn on when i shoot.

and yes your sync speed is 1/200th. you can't use auto fp with cactus triggers

the red led on mine don't always stay on, they only turn on when i shoot.

and yes your sync speed is 1/200th. you can't use auto fp with cactus triggers

Thanks for the info.

Jerry had the transmitter on his camera, so the red light on the receiver turns on when takes the shot.

FP only works with Nikon flashes when shot in CLS mode, so 1/200 or 1/250 will be your max sync speed with pocket wizards, ebay triggers, etc.

In the Commander mode menu with the Built-In flash set to (--) it does not contribute to the scene. However, if you're close up on your subject and particularly if it is a reflective surface, then yes, it will show.

Yeah, if there is a mirror in the frame, you can see the on-board flash, even when set to -- in the menu. I'll have to test if the FV lock will prevent this.

Most reactions

Back