Nikon Coolpix S200 vs others? VERY Urgent please help me...

meurglys0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am almost a stranger to the digital camera world and photography. I received a NIKON COOLPIX S200 as a gift and I have the option to replace it with another item from the same store. So I checked their catalogue and I noticed there are a few other digital cameras around the same price. So I am wondering if It would be better to replace the Nikon Coolpix S200 with any of these below, or should I keep it?

CANON POWERSHOT A560
SONY CYBERSHOT DSC W35
SONY CYBERSHOT DSC W55
KODAK EASYSHARE V1003
KODAK EASYSHARE V803
PANASONIC FX12
SAMSUNG L830
SAMSUNG NV3
CASIO EXILIM Z 8
FUJIFILM FINEPIX A920

They are all around the same price... And I really need to know if any of these are better than Nikon Coolpix S200 BEFORE the returning period the store gives me runs out, so it's urgent too. If a kind soul could help me with this I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I would definitely trade in the S200 for a Canon A570. I would choose the 570 because:

- higher image quality (sharper, less barrel distortion, lower CA colour distortion)

- optical instead of digital stabilization (big difference when shooting in low light)

- an optical viewfinder (in bright sun an LCD is useless, holding the camera to your eye is more stable for zoom and low light shots)

- full manual controls (allows you to learn about photographic technique rather than just point and shoot)

Most reactions

Back