Nikon Coolpix S2700 vs. Olympus VH-410

Strantford

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello to everyone

Few days ago I received as a present a Nikon Coolpix S2700.
As a newbie in photography I am more a point and shoot guy. Nevertheless I took my fair time and read some reviews in the net in case I could find a better alternative at the same price range, return Nikon in the shop and replace it with another brand. The shop has available at the same price Olympus VH-410.

In my search in various reviews sites (photographyblog.com, ephotozine.com etc.) Olympus VH-410 came up slightly better in terms of photos taken (quality) and overall features (i.e. usb charging through pc, touchscreen) vs. Nikon Coolpix S2700, although Olympus came out in 10/2012 while Nikon in 02/2013.

Does anyone have tried one of those babies to give me a heads up?? Which one do you consider is better? Should I stay with Nikon or replace it for Olympus?

If I wanted to add to the confusion the shop has available at the same price:

Sony DSC W710

while for a couple of euros more it has:

Panasonic DMC FS50EG (+10 euro)
Nikon S3500 (+30 euro)
Panasonic DMC XS1EG (+30 euro)
Nikon S6300 (+40 euro)
Sony DSC W710 (+40 euro)

Is it justifiable in terms of picture quality and overall features, to increase the price cap a bit (10-40 euros) and change Nikon S2700 for one of the above candidates?
Or the additional price does not justify the increase in quality/features from one of the alternatives?

Please for your help because I am stuck and whatever I decide, I am not going to change the camera anytime soon (at least 2-3 years minimum).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back