Nikon D200 - It's official!

Watch out.......I might be heading toward the digital bright light. Does anybody hear that? I think it's my darkroom telling me to turn around and come back. :)

Glad to see Nikon release the 200. Looks like they may have gotten it right, and the flash sync being 1/250 sec. is a non-issue to me. Looks like a nice camera in a nice package. Good work again Nikon.

i thought the flash sync was 1/500 sec
i thought i read that somewhere else
idk.....

Ahhh... Sweet temptation! For cryin' out loud, I'm a hardcore film guy!!! And that might change!!!!! :)

tito_gh said:
i thought the flash sync was 1/500 sec
i thought i read that somewhere else
idk.....

No 1/250 is correct. It's only using mechanical shutter for sync rather than electronic, as in the D70.

Having said that somebody on some other forum said that you can effectively flash sync up to 1/4000 using some clever flash method. I don't really use flash at all :)

I am giddy like a school boy!!! I do not think it will be available until late December. A lot of camera for 18 hundred. I think there will be a new lens to go with it, but I am not sure. I thought for sure CMOS technology would be included. I am still considering the D2X. Like I said; first member to get one wins a free calendar (joking of course).

I think I would like to start a D3X rumor...

craig said:
I am giddy like a school boy!!! I do not think it will be available until late December. A lot of camera for 18 hundred. I think there will be a new lens to go with it, but I am not sure. I thought for sure CMOS technology would be included. I am still considering the D2X. Like I said; first member to get one wins a free calendar (joking of course).

I think I would like to start a D3X rumor...

the new lens is the 18-200 VR announced about a week ago i think. not sure if that is the price of a kidney though...

here it is:

show_large_image.aspx

Most reactions

Back