What's new

Nikon D3 leak

For starters, standard ISO settings go as high as 12,800 (low is 200) and can be further boosted to an incredulous 102,400.
That's just insane! I hope this isn't just a marketing scheme, and that it's actually a useful feature.
 
Wow, I'm very impressed. So... a shot normally taken at 1/100 @ 100 ISO would be taken at 1/12,800 @ 12,800 ISO! Awesome!
 
Here's a 12,800 ISO shot from the site. It's impressive, I imagine there's some heavy noise reduction being done to the JPG (to be expected).

Screenshot2009-10-14at70859AM.png


But if that's what 12,800 looks like 102,400 isn't going to be pretty. I want to see a a 102,400 shot though... before I say it isn't pretty for sure. :)

720 video seems kind of lame, although I don't care for the video feature anyway.

It's a nice refresh, but not overly exciting.
 
Yep, discussed here. :)

It's good, but it isn't entirely a big thing.
 
Is the price down? For some reason I was thinking it was about $7500 US... or is that the D3X that I'm thinking of.

And that puffin photo or whatever, that's wholly acceptable noise imo.

In conclusion, do want.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom