Nikon D300s released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that makes me feel better. I hate it when I buy a camera and it seems all too soon another better model comes out. The D300(s) I am sure is a great camera, but not enough new things to make me want it over my D300's. A little sigh of relief on my part. :lol: As I would have been dissapointed if a much better model had come out.

I wonder if this means the price on the 300 will come down. That would be nice.

I like it. I've often thought about buying a D300 or D700 just to have a Nikon around. :) I might have to pick up d D300s after Christmas if the new 60D isn't out (or if it is and it's nothing special).

If people want a video camera... get a video camera. If you want a PHOTO camera... get that.

As much as some people like the 2-in-1 P&S attitude, when I want video, I want stabilized HD video that is not limited to a CF card's recording duration (mine has a 100GB hard drive integrated, as well as image stabilization, a GOOD and fast autofocus, dolby AC-3 sound and true HD recording as well as 0 lux and night vision and on top of that, and it's only a mid-level camcorder on the market!).

This fad of integrating video into dSLR cameras for me is a waste of effort. I would rather pay more for a camera that gives me better PHOTOs rather than pay for all that added weight and cost into something that I will hardly ever use.

Same goes for my video cameras.

So the email from Calumet I got says that it supports AF while shooting. My 5DMk2 does too BUT you have to hit a button to trigger the focusing and while it's doing it, it jacks up the video as the contrast and lighting go ****y while it refocuses.

Are they saying it focuses in realtime? If so, that's HUGE and would make the video function useful.

I'm with you Jerry, I do think the video in the current crop of DSLR's is lame. The video on my 5DMk2 sucks. I just purchased a Canon HF200 HD camcorder this week because I'm utterly frustrated with the crappy video implementation on my 5DMk2.

If done properly it would be a nifty feature. I wouldn't buy a DSLR to be a video recorder, but it's nice having that ability none the less... only if it's at LEAST as useful as an entry level camcorder, which it currently isn't.

I'm curious how the AF works on the D300s.

If people want a video camera... get a video camera. If you want a PHOTO camera... get that.

Here we go again.
deadhorse.gif

Might as well get used to it, it's the way the market is moving. So long as photo quality isn't pushed aside to accommodate video, what's the issue?

I love having both on my D90... then again I'm a father of 3 and it comes in handy for me. That said, if I was a paid photographer with a D300s I could offer more to my clients with no extra gear to lug around.

Apparently, thats just what it does. Now, how well it does that, well thats a question to be answered by someone using it once they become available. :)

Might as well get used to it, it's the way the market is moving. So long as photo quality isn't pushed aside to accommodate video, what's the issue?

Market be damned. I'm no lemming that needs to follow the group over the cliff. *I* vote with my purchasing dollar. ;)

At least when someone walk up to you and say, "Nice camera, will it capture movie?"

Now you can say .... "arrrrr .... YES ........ .", instead of just say "no" follow by a strange looking face from the person who ask the question.

I have never even tried video on any of my digital camera's. Just not a function I need or even want. :confused:

you all know a DSLR's will soon have cell phone features to go with the video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back