Nikon D300s released

Status
Not open for further replies.
you all know a DSLR's will soon have cell phone features to go with the video

iPhone integrated D400 :lol:

attachment.php

you all know a DSLR's will soon have cell phone features to go with the video

Wait till someone integrates a cell radio into a CF card - you could have a "bottomless" CF card of sorts, just take photos and they're automatically uploaded over the cell network, just like the EyeFi card but without needing a WiFi network near, so no need to wait until you can reach a WiFi network either - uploads as you go.

In that case, we can visit this forum via our camera directly?

D3000 was also released
D3000 from Nikon

also... why is the D300 and D300s a mid level camera? i fail to see how it is not a professional grade camera. especially the D300s. just because it's not full frame? i don't think so.

Instead of needing a remote, you can just call your camera to take a picture now. :lol:

D3000 was also released
D3000 from Nikon

also... why is the D300 and D300s a mid level camera? i fail to see how it is not a professional grade camera. especially the D300s. just because it's not full frame? i don't think so.

Maybe becuase a D300 *is* in the middle of the pack? :lol:

What you think about it matters little. This is how Nikon markes their own camera as. They consider the D300 and D300s as "Advanced SLR" cameras and the D700, D3 and D3x as pro level cameras.

As PER THEIR OWN SITE. ;)

If Nikon doesn't consider the D300 "pro", why would anyone else? That is not to say a pro could not use it... it means that the D300 is not the base model nor the top of the line model... hence... just a mid-level camera.

D3000 was also released
D3000 from Nikon

Yeah, I don't see the difference either. With the dual card slots, the same AF system as the D700, weather sealing... it IS a professional grade camera.

D3000 was also released
D3000 from Nikon

From what I can tell it's more because there's a higher-end model (D3 and D3X) than because it's not a pro camera.

it wouldn't be the first time a company was incorrect in classifying it's own product. it's obviously marketed that way to coax people into spending more money on the D700. however, if the D300s is not a professional camera, then either is the D700.

and the D5000 is actually in the middle of the pack. the D300/s is the flagship model for the DX line. saying a D300s isn't professional grade because it's DX is nothing more than ignorance on the part of the consumer and a marketing gimick by the manufacturer.

it wouldn't be the first time a company was incorrect in classifying it's own product. it's obviously marketed that way to coax people into spending more money on the D700. however, if the D300s is not a professional camera, then either is the D700.
LMAO... send your complaints to Nikon, I am sure they are willing to restructure it... just for you.

LMAO... send your complaints to Nikon, I am sure they are willing to restructure it... just for you.

well, considering your link times out and is a .ca i'll take it with a grain of salt. considering their press release does consider it professional. but keep laughing.

Nikon | News | Nikon D300S

also considered professional in their product comparison
http://nikonusa.com/Assets/Common-Assets/PDF/DSLR_Compare.pdf

and their product brochure...
http://nikonusa.com/Assets/Digital-SLR/25464-Nikon-D300S/PDF/25464_D300S_brochure.pdf

Last edited:
Well, here is a screen capture for you, my totally misguided friend.

3772160565_353611c4e2_o.jpg

Please note the absence of the D300 under the PROFESSIONAL DSLR column.

I'm soooooooory, but facts... are facts. :lol:

The D700 is under the pro catagory... becuase it is 98% of all features and 100% identical performance of the D3 in a smaller size. The D300 cannot say that. It is a lower model, it is a mid-line camera.

Personally, I think you are either now pissed that you own a D300 and consider it a "mid-level" camera or are too stuck up on the word "professional".

In either case, go relax and shoot some pics. At least there, you have some chance of success... where as trying to win everyone over into believing that the D300 is a pro class Nikon camera... is a no win scenario and banging your head into that wall ha gotta hurt.

Well, here is a screen capture for you, my totally misguided friend.

Please note the absence of the D300 under the PROFESSIONAL DSLR column.

I'm soooooooory, but facts... are facts. :lol:

The D700 is under the pro catagory... becuase it is 98% of all features and 100% identical performance of the D3 in a smaller size. The D300 cannot say that. It is a lower model, it is a mid-line camera.

Personally, I think you are either now pissed that you own a D300 and consider it a "mid-level" camera or are too stuck up on the word "professional".

In either case, go relax and shoot some pics. At least there, you have some chance of success... where as trying to win everyone over into believing that the D300 is a pro class Nikon camera... is a no win scenario.

i don't own a D300 first of all. and i actually provided 3 links from Nikon's REAL site stating that you in fact wrong. you're also completely wrong about the comparison between the D700 and D3/x. the D300s is closer in specs to the D3/x than the D700.

in actuality i'd have to guess that you have some type of superiority complex and refuse to believe that a $1700 camera has the same or better specs than your overpriced precious D700.

get your facts straight before you respond again like an ignorant a$$hole that looks down upon us all that didn't fall for nikons ridiculously overpriced D700..

Wow, I feel so much better about getting my D300 now. There's hardly anything different about it other than the HD video which I really don't care about.

Same MP
Same fps
Same AF
etc

Can't say I am surprised. As I mentioned numerous times in threads, they can only do minor tweaks. There's no ground-breaking improvements they could make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back