Nikon D50 lenses

LensBaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've decided to buy the Nikon D50 as my first D-SLR, however I am unsure of which lens to buy with it.

I can get it with the;

AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED for £399
AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G (67mm) for £477
AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G SG IF ED for £499

Does anyone has any particular recomendations or condemnations about any of these lenses? Are the two bottom lenses worth the extra money? Are there any other lenses anyone would recommend rather than these that would keep the price of the camera and lens below £500?

Cheers, I just read a review somewhere and it said because of the APS sensor a 18mm lens on these cameras is equivalent to a 28mm lens on a 35mm film camera.

I certainly don't want anything less wide angle than my current film SLR so I think I will go with the 18-70, thanks for the advice.

I am a rookie and I have the D50 with the 18-55 lens and If I could do it again, I would go for the 18-70. ;) I got to compare it lately and it's better!

Cheers!

Cheers thats useful to know, I now have a bit of a dilemma. I can't decide whether to get the nikon d50 with the 18-70 lens or the canon 350D with the standard 18-55 kit lens. They both cost around the same amount.

What would people recommend? Obviously the canon is a better camera but which combo is better overall when you take into account the lenses I could afford for each?

LensBaby said:
Obviously the canon is a better camera

Cough cough splutter splutter

I think the D50 is better, spot meter, feels more robustly built and you can hold it if you have hands that are larger than a pixies.

But then I would say that, because I own one ;)

bigfatbadger said:
Cough cough splutter splutter

I think the D50 is better, spot meter, feels more robustly built and you can hold it if you have hands that are larger than a pixies.

But then I would say that, because I own one ;)

Agreed 100%.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back