Nikon D5000 (and no, it's not April fools again)

I have a D200 which is almost completely obsolete...

I use a D300 at work, and I don't want to buy one if the D400 comes out in 2 months...Plus I have the Sigma 70-200 which won't be as good on the FX D700 as it would be on a DX camera...Since I shoot mostly sports, I really can't afford a 300mm lens that I would need if I went FX.

If Nikon has the D40, D60 and D90 and now a D5000 which are all considered "Entry Level" and only two cameras that are Prosumer and ONE being DX format there really isn't much of a choice there for people on that $2K budget.

i agree and think that in between the D90 and D700 is where the lineup is lacking. however, that's what people on this forum may think.... probably not a profitable way of thinking for Nikon though.

Ovar nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand! :lol:

/b/ off

Oh that's pretty good, but you can't do the DF one because the F is a technology option and your other ones are all target customer bases... so you'd likely eventually wind up with a DA-X that is a full frame and then be totally screwed. lol

But maybe you could do what you suggest and do the "special bragging right technology as a rider".

So like, DA-1 for the D70, and DA-7f for when they come out with the 7th amateur level body that has a full frame sensor.
Good points, I stand corrected.

THE ALL NEW NIKON D1000000-PF-X42.8 SUBaD49Q

Now available in "Yango My Mango Yellow!"

Nikon just oughta invest in a random number and letter generator to name their products, even the lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back