Nikon D5200 vs Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II

Symptom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been doing research ecause want to upgrade to DSLR or mirrorless, I've been doing research.I want an entry level camera which isn't too expensive.

I want to get into long exposure photography, which I've tried with the bridge and was frustrating due to the limitations, its going to be for daytime and mostly at night with city lights LE.I also take quite a few action shots of my dogs playing at the beach or yard or my 3 yo niece.I love to take the camera with me to do street photography quite often, during daytime and at night too, and that' s one of the reasons i'm considering a mirrorless and also landscape photography.

I've looked at models with articulated/tilting screens because i like taking shots from different angles in street photography

I've been doing research and i'm considering 2 models:

Nikon D5200 with 18-55 mm lens

or the

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II with 14-42 mm lens.....would it be worth it to get the bundle with the 40-150 mm lens?

Any recommendations to which one would be better for what I'm looking for?

The oly would be lighter and smaller and less noticeable which from what I understand is preferable with most street photographers.

The 5200 would give you better results overall for landscapes and when shooting in lower light. It would also give you access to a much more diverse lens selection in the future should you decide to expand your areas of interest.

So really I guess it would be up to you to determine which is more important.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Oly has smaller sensor thus the Nikon D5200 will give you better low light performance.
Also as "robbins.photo" said you have access to a big lens line from Nikon.
I would recommend the D5200

Most reactions

New Topics

Back