Nikon D700 rumors

Thanks for steering this rumor thread in the proper direction. Expect to see some goodies coming out before the Olympics though, and with them drawing closer, these rumors could be true.

I really like the one about the Canon 3D, the affordable pro-body that Canon was supposed to release. Yeah, affordable pro body.... realisitic...

Thats funny, I googled Nikons President, it is Michio KARIYA , CEO and President of Nikon. I havent found Canon's Presdent yet.

thats cool..... if you want to authenticate the story of Phil Canon registering the name D700 all you have to do is google Nikon vs. Canon.... it's in there somewhere....

Tasman.... both those names you mentioned are fictitious.... both Ted Nikon and Phil Canon came to an agreement in the early 80 to publicize oriental names for company presidents... the idea was that using oriental names promotes a smarter, more advanced image of the companies. They agreed to do this together to put Chad Pentax out of business.

i'd really be surprised if this D700 is going to be using the exact same chassis as the D300.

I really don't' think the D300's prism housing is big enough for a 35mm size sensor and I really doubt it would have onboard flash...seems fishy to me.

I guess we'll know in 2 days...

a D90 excites me more considering how old the D80 is.

I tend to agree with the "old timer" Nikon guys:

- that the Dxxx format will stay cropped sensor

- that the Dx format will stay full frame

- that the next Dxxx is *not* going to be a D700, as if Nikon follows the current trend, the D300's successor wil be a D400, *if* they keep to the same game plan.

- and finally... that speculation is speculation... uneducated guesses made by people who have no clue about when the next model comes out. However, those that do know are NOT talking. If we follow Nikon's trends, the D300 is going to be around for at least another 10-16 months. In either case, there are no new relases coming soon.

So, the way I see it, people have 2 choices:

- they can waste time waiting for "the future"

- or they can purchase current technology as it stands today and enjoy it.

I bought my D200 about 75 days before the release of the D300, and I could not care less becuase I chose to have a camera 3 months earlier and have about 3500 pictures more than had I waited.

I refuse to play the "what-if" game. Thats a losing game where all you do is waste valuable time that could be spent being out there taking shots! :D

Tasman.... both those names you mentioned are fictitious.... both Ted Nikon and Phil Canon came to an agreement in the early 80 to publicize oriental names for company presidents... the idea was that using oriental names promotes a smarter, more advanced image of the companies. They agreed to do this together to put Chad Pentax out of business.

OMG, I just spewed Coke all over my monitor!

Your humour is too European to be understood by many ;)

Most reactions

Back