Nikon D7000 Firmware Update Issue :[

DayliBaybi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My boss owns a Nikon D7000 and doesn't know how to use it. as I came along he put me in charge of running it.
Upon getting the batteries charged up I came to find he didn't have any SD cards.
he gave me the money and I bought a PNY SDHC Class 10 32GB Professional and was still receiving a blinking "ERR" error message in the shutter speed display.
The card is formatting to the nikon and recognized. I've tried it with 2 of te same card with no luck.

Upon looking through the forums I figured out to look at the Firmware.
It's still on A: 1.01/B: 1.01
I tried updating it to 1.03 w/o luck so I tried going to 1.02 and not even that would work.
Followed all the steps but when I put the card into the camera again it didn't have an update in the firmware menu.
I'm so confused.

ERR is usually a lens issue. Check the back of the manual for troubleshooting.

Nothing in the manual for troubleshooting lenses.
I currently have an AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G on it.
waiting to hear from Nikon now, but if someone else could help, that would be great!

don't copy the bin file into the dcim folder.thats where i went wrong.....just copy it to the card outside dcim folder.But,as sparky said anytime i've seen ERR it's been a lens issue.

Did you remount the lens?

Nothing in the manual for troubleshooting lenses.
There is in the D7000 User's Manual I'm looking at. There is not a lot, but it's there nonetheless.

Err is a general camera malfunction code (page 306), however it is most often, but not always associated with a shutter problem. The manual notes that if the Err code persists or appears frequently, you should consult with a Nikon-authorized service rep. Nikon Authorized Repair Stations

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back