Nikon d7000 problem

ultimadrift

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Nikon D7000 has gotten some sand under the buttons and dials how would I clean them? My D-Pad wont click sometimes and the dials are hard to turn.

I'd suggest sending it into your closest Nikon service facility. They have the tools & know how to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together again.

We used to call it a CLA (Clean, Lube & Adjust)...it's like taking your car in for a tune up / preventative maintenance etc.

I wish I could but its been over the warranty. Also can't justify waiting 3-4 weeks getting my camera back

Do you know that it will be 3-4 weeks?

I had a lens crap out on me (AF DIED), I sent it into Canon...it was fixed and back in my hands in 8 days....and I'm probably farther away from a Canon facility than you are from a Nikon one.

Warranty wouldn't cover removing sand even if the camera was still in warranty.

The sand will likely ruin the buttons. Get a backup camera body.

A CLA will run you about $200 at Nikon USA Service down in El Segundo, but since it would not be a warranty repair you can send the camera to any qualified repair facility.
http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Nikon-Authorized-Repair-List.page

California Precision
1714 28th St.
Sacramento, CA 95816
Directions
Phone: 916-451-1330
Fax: 916-451-7460

Well took the camera apart and put some alcohol on it seems to have done the trick. Wasn't so hard, button works great again :D

Warranty wouldn't cover removing sand even if the camera was still in warranty.

The sand will likely ruin the buttons. Get a backup camera body.

A CLA will run you about $200 at Nikon USA Service down in El Segundo, but since it would not be a warranty repair you can send the camera to any qualified repair facility.
Nikon Authorized Repair Stations

California Precision
1714 28th St.
Sacramento, CA 95816
Directions
Phone: 916-451-1330
Fax: 916-451-7460

That's actually very good to know, thanks.

Drat.

I would have throught the weather sealing would avoid such things.

Most reactions

Back