Nikon d7100 has spot while looking through view finder

So it`s not dust, what is it some sort of advanced nanobots part of Nikon auto repair system and i have been blowing them out, eeeeeekkkkk.

John.

Just ordered an D7100 i am a glutton for punishment, please please, please Nikon no DUST!!!!!!!

John.

Its not dust and it's normal on Nikon's. Basically a light metering system.

So it`s not dust, what is it some sort of advanced nanobots part of Nikon auto repair system and i have been blowing them out, eeeeeekkkkk.

John.

Just ordered an D7100 i am a glutton for punishment, please please, please Nikon no DUST!!!!!!!

John.

Its not dust and it's normal on Nikon's. Basically a light metering system.

The blurry dot in the center of your Nikon camera is part of the light metering system. I believe it's more specifically the "Center Weighted" light messuring mode. The dot measures the light of the area that is covered by th blurry dot and makes it priority one. You can adjust the size of the blurry dot but some lenses will override this seting based on their needs.

I just found the same spot in a camera displayed at one of the retailer too. So I dont think it is an issue. Thank you every one for you prompt response and clarification. Cheers!

I have dust between 5 and 6.
I get that too, and hairs. I just use a blower to get it out.
Either I shed hair while the lens is off alot or it's a magnet for hair and dust.

HaHa just bought an new D7100 today and it is clean as far as i can see, maybe it`s just a matter of time before something dislodges or squirts :)

John.

Most reactions

Back