Nikon D850...............Who's gonna get one ?

Still waiting..... Already sold the D3s. So excited for this camera but the wait is killing me.
I have a shoot soon and while the D750 can ace it easily I think the D850 will do a better job there and frankly it will be a great way to test my camera.....................if I only had it :(

I am still searching for one instock. I even checked eBay and people are scalping them on there. I called today and they said the delivery got pushed back again on mine. I feel as though I'm getting the runaround from them. Hopefully I can source one somewhere by luck. Id love to have it for my Gran Canyon trip coming up. If it gets to close to my trip ill be canceling the order and going with the 810 :(

Last edited:
I am still searching for one instock. I even checked eBay and people are scalping them on there. I called today and they said the delivery got pushed back again on mine. I feel as though I'm getting the runaround from them. Hopefully I can source one somewhere by luck. Id love to have it for my Gran Canyon trip coming up. If it gets to close to my trip ill be canceling the order and going with the 810 :(
If you really want a better camera for your trip. I think you should rent a D800 or D810. The way it's looking the D850 has got some really good features. It would be a shame to have one ordered and then pick the older model. Basically the price will go down even more on the D810 as the production catches up to the D850. So, even selling the D810 used you will probable loose even more value.

I got my email over a week ago that they were prepping my order for shipping. But still no actual tracking. I think they must have been tracking a container or two. And there has been a delay in final shipping of it. Not sure if Nikon USA receives the items and then distributes them to stores. Or if big stores like B&H gets them direct from the factory.

I got to play with the D850 today...
I need one..
NEED
_DSC3333.jpg

this is just a 100% cropped image I took of my wrist (whatever is handy *LOL*) I did not want to point it at everyone else (like everyone else did).

bad news...the RAW files are about 100MB and Lightroom can't read it yet :(

Last edited:
I got to play with the D850 today...
I need one..
NEED
View attachment 146935
this is just a 100% cropped image I took of my wrist (whatever is handy *LOL*)
bad news...the RAW files are about 100MB and Lightroom can't read it yet :(
Nomos, nice
Automatic movement ?

this is a reduced sized version of the original file
_DSC3333.jpg

i thought my D810 was fabulous...until I saw the D850.
100% silent shutter (for on set shooting)
finally got rid of the damn pop up flash
WIFI tethering
more autofocus points

and @goodguy , this means I won't be getting that Tudor Heritage Black Bay with the new inhouse moment.

Last edited:
this is a reduced sized version of the original fileView attachment 146952
WIFI tethering
more autofocus points

and @goodguy , this means I won't be getting that Tudor Heritage Black Bay with the new inhouse moment.

I'm jealous as hell that you got to play with one.

I haven't even ordered mine yet. Hopefully next month.

CAN

NOT

WAIT!

WIFI tethering
more autofocus points

CAN

NOT

WAIT!
love your signature.
I'm Jealous as HELL. I won't get to order mine till early 2018.
I mean up to this point...I never considered my D810 inadequate *LOL*

WIFI tethering
more autofocus points

CAN

NOT

WAIT!

Just got 2nd email that they are working on my order AGAIN. So, maybe this time they will actually ship it?? Doesn't look like I get home till the 2nd. So, I guess it really didn't matter much. Just to know it's that at my house though.

In Europe there seems to be a backorder of 8000 battery compartments alone. Given that only every third owner buys the battery add on this might mean a 25000 piece backorder on the camera.

I can say that after two and a half weeks it was exactly the right decision to buy this camera at the time I bought it. It does everything my D3 and D600 did but combined in one body. Very good!

Brewer, ME, United States 09/26/2017 7:15 A.M. Out For Delivery

NOBODY'S HOME :BangHead:

Looks like will have to have them hold it for pickup at UPS for the wife to get it.

Still waiting :(
Camera store has no ETA :angry::angry::angry:

Still waiting :(
Camera store has no ETA :angry::angry::angry:

Your 11 hours from my house driving. If you can figure out where I live and beat the UPS truck there. ????

While your waiting on the truck. You should make it look like your living there. The trees need new mulching. Garden beds need weeding for the winter. Shrubs still need fall pruning. The side property of about an acre needs the brush cut down again (watch out for bees, we have 4 hives over there). If you miss the truck. And get all that done. I can come up with some more. :aiwebs_016::345:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back