Nikon D90 -no exposure on the file

Jubowa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The camera seems to take the shot just fine, it focuses, the mirror goes up, there is no error , but the exposure is black. I have shot in both RAW and JPG and there is nothing but a blank black. I have had the camera functions all checked out and everything seems to work mechanically. I have changed lenses ...... no luck. It is at only about 1/10 of normal shutter count. I have opened the RAW file and increased the brightness to max with nothing showing up in the file. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

What do you mean by 1/10 normal shutter count?

Could you post the full EXIF data from one of the files?

A little more info...... I have tried exposures in all modes, manual, auto, prog and various scenes. It was in landscape mode when it stopped working. One shot was fine, and the next was black.

And no error message on the display "Err00X"? Have you tried other memory cards and a two-button reset?

Tirediron, I don't have the camera with me. I will certainly send it asap.

What I meant was, the shutter count on the camera is very low, only about 10k.

Yes, I have change out the cards and done a two button reset. No change

Check the camera isn't set on a very fast, manual shutter speed, and/or the lens isn't stopped down to minimum aperture.

Darn that lens Cap. J/k I have never heard of all solid black.Change Cards maybe.

If you shoot with the lens off can you see the shutter open after the mirror goes up ?

A low shutter count doesn't mean much if the camera has not been stored properly.
With no lens attached you'll see the blinking F-- error code. Ignore it and trip the shutter as you watch the mirror go up and back down.
Set a slower shutter speed - like 2 seconds.

If the shutter opens and closes, the image sensor is likely dead, but you should then get a blinking Err error code with no number -page 256 of the D90 User Manual.

Does Live View show an image?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back