What's new

Nikon D90 Self-timer question

docphysics

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The default time on the Nikon D90 self-timer is for 10 seconds. Does anyone know how to change it to some other time? I can't figure it out, and manual doesn't seem to help me. Thanks!
 
4 seconds on google. C3 in menu.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh crud, I saw that link but didn't bother to hit it cuz I thought it was just someone shooting multiple images, not showing how to set it. Thanks!
 
For what it's worth, I set mine to the maximum.
 
Yea, the 10 seconds wasn't working for me. Just trying to grab some quick images of the moon.
 
The moon?

The moon doesn't require a long exposure... in fact you dont' want a long exposure.

Try the following, and experiment a little:

Manual mode
Shutter speed = to zoom (200mm = 1/200th for example)
Aperture @ f/8

See how that looks, if it's too dark change aperture to f/5.6 if it's too light change it to f/11 for starters.

Enjoy!
 
Ahhhh.... ok thanks! I had my aperture to small at f/11 and f/16. Pics weren't looking good. Thanks!!!!
 
Have fun and please post your best attempts, the moon can be challenging - but fun as well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom