Nikon f3

doitben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello people.
I recently bought a Tokina RMC 35mm-105mm f/3.5-4.3 thinking it would fit my nikon f3 but it doesn't.
Any knowledge on this lens and its mount type? I tried looking for info myself but only get "for sale" links. and the only info i did come across says it is a Pentax K mount which is a god damn lie because it doesn't fit my K1000.
Can i get a clue or two here.
Thank you! :1219:

Post a good photo of the mount; I'm sure someone will recognize it.

It was very popular in the K mount for Pentax. Useful range for a walk around lens. Not sure on the optical quality. Probably depends on the copy, back then zooms were kind of hit or miss. You probably would be better served getting a AF 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 IF. It is sharp and virtually no distortion. It also has a short focus throw, which is helpful on a manual focus camera.
@doitben

Last edited:
Mount

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
Adapters aren't always the greatest but that could be an option. You could probably find a lens at not too bad a price.

There are reputable used sellers like KEH and Adorama, and if you don't care how 'pretty' it is you can find one in working condition that's graded Excellent or Bargain. (UG or Parts Only probably would be just that, unusable other than for parts for repair.)

KEH has many of their film cameras and lenses on their ebay page and still use pictures of the actual item (their main site has stock photos).

Most reactions

Back