Nikon Handgrip

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey I was looking through amazon and was wondering if this battery grip can fit my Nikon D50?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Targus-TG-BGD40-Battery-Grip-Nikon/dp/B0019FR68Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225335939&sr=1-4[/ame]

Is there any differrence in the battery door or anything. Thanks for your help!

far as im aware no one make a grip for the d50

theres those ones on ebay for the D50.
i was kind of interested myself.

they have the verticle shutter release, but it uses the IR on the d50
a little thing pops out of thefront of the grip and points at the D50s ir port.
and you have to put the camera into ir remote mode to be able to shoot with the verticle shutter button.
kind of a pain..
bulb mode can be used with it without holding the shutter though, so thats a plus say if you were doing star trail photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Vertical-Sh...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

if you get one, post a review
id liek a grip for my d50 as well. adn nikon dosent make one, so i guess these are the only choice.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yea i might get one but as of now its not on the top of my list

I have the Targus for the D200 and LOVE it!! In my opinion it is much better than the Nikon Grip. It does not have those cheap tabs to break and you can turn the power off at the grip so the batteries last longer:) I do not know about the D50 but the ebay ones may work on it. In my opinion they are a must but that is just me.

I have the Targus for the D200 and LOVE it!! In my opinion it is much better than the Nikon Grip. It does not have those cheap tabs to break and you can turn the power off at the grip so the batteries last longer:) I do not know about the D50 but the ebay ones may work on it. In my opinion they are a must but that is just me.

You have a grip for your D200??
Do you mind if I ask you what it cost you?
I was looking into possibly getting one for my D300, but I don't want to pay, what, $240-$250. I didn't realize they were that expensive.

No not at all. I paid $150 for the Targus. It is designed like the MB-D10 in that the battery is in a tray and slides in the side, difference is that the Targus holds both batteries in the grip unlike the MB-D10. As far as I know the MB-D10 is the only one you can get for the D300...I could be wrong but it is designed differently.

Oh, they are worth it!!! I won't be taking mine off, I love the way the D200 feel (my whole had can hold on to the camera), the added battery life, stability it gives!!!!

Yea if I find a cheaper one I probably will get it just so it feels better but for now I am mainly focused ( :p )on a new lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back