Nikon Lenses

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have asked this in the past on another forum but thought i could ask you guys. What are the lenses you have that you could not live with out? I am asking becouse there is so many lenses out there some are great and so just are a wast of $$.

I think a 50 f1.8 at $100 is a must have

My next lens is the 105 macro.

what other Nikon lenses should everyone needs

I have a 300mm f/4.5 Manual Focus (born 1978-79) that I love using on my d70. It was cheap, $175.00, and with the 1.5x factor, it becomes a 450mm f/4.5 with no loss of quality. There is some chromatic aberration with this lens, when two colors contrast highly (black/white) but I still love the all metal feel of the lens.

Also, I really enjoy the 180mm f/2.8, especially on the d70 or other digital SLR. I only borrowed one for a couple of days, but the sharpness and depth of field was awesome.

I own a 24mm f/2.8 as well, for wide angle use, but I never use it anymore with my d70.

Thats what I like.
Craig

nikon90s said:
I have asked this in the past on another forum but thought i could ask you guys. What are the lenses you have that you could not live with out?

That's a personal question...the lens that any one person might like, could not be right for you. This is a question that you should ask yourself.

What kind of shooting do you like? What lenses do you currently have? and do you find that you want longer or wider when using that lens? Do you like to shoot with or without a flash? Do you like to shoot in low light? Do you like to shoot sports or action shots? Do you like close-up macro type stuff?

Any or all of these questions could help you to determine what lens you should get. I do agree that a 50mm F1.8 is a great value and a good place to start.

Big Mike said:
That's a personal question...the lens that any one person might like, could not be right for you. This is a question that you should ask yourself.

What kind of shooting do you like? What lenses do you currently have? and do you find that you want longer or wider when using that lens? Do you like to shoot with or without a flash? Do you like to shoot in low light? Do you like to shoot sports or action shots? Do you like close-up macro type stuff?

Any or all of these questions could help you to determine what lens you should get. I do agree that a 50mm F1.8 is a great value and a good place to start.

Sorry Mike I may have missed my point, What I was asking was not becouse I want to buy a lens but becouse there are so any lenses that are great and that so many that are soso. If I want to get a new lens, lets say the 105 macro but everyone who has it did not like it that much then I would have to take a longer look it to see it that would be the best lens for the job that I want to do with it. Eneryone has a lens they could not live with out and for some reason it works great for them and there are lenses out there that most people do not like. The last time I did this I found out that more people like the 50mm f1.8 over the 50mm f1.4. When I got my 50mm I took a longer look at the 50mm f1.8 becouse of that....

Most reactions

Back