Nikon long life EN EL9 battery

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had bad experience with a snap shooter I bought from ebay 3 years ago. It used a pair of AA batteries for only 15 shots. Than I bought the most expensive AA batteries I could find - $22 for a pair - and the camera screen stated low batteries after about 20 shots.

Because that bad experience I hurriedly bought a spare batteryover here in ebay for total of $26, not one but two.

So I was ready for any eventuality:D. But man, the original battery in this d40 just refuse to run out. I click and click and click, yet this thing just kept on going, hundreds and hundreds of shots - bastard!.
Finally it gave up the ghost after many torturous clickings. Not the camera that was tortured though, my finger is what I am talking about.

So, if you think of spare battery, don't worry about it. It last forever. Beside the charger is very fast charger. Now my camera is almost 2 months old and I just recharged it for the 3rd time.

I would never ever mess around with junk third-party ebay batteries. For most casual use the EN-EL9 does have plenty of battery life. But if you do some long exposure night shots on a tripod you'll quickly run them down, along with using a lot of image review.

Well I have used one of them once just for testing sake. It's ok for spare while the original is being charged I guess. Beside, I already bought it you see. If I knew it last that long I would not even think about spare. But yes I will stick with the original as far as I can go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back