Nikon SB50 Flash

binfordtools

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can I use a SB50 flash on a Nikon D70 ?I'am picking up a D70 on monday.I can't afford to buy another flash unit right now and the SB50 is the only one I have laying around.And I'am doing a Wedding on saturday.Thanks Bin

I have an SB-50dx that I bought for my N75. I recently bought a D70 and the SB-50dx does work with the D70, but I'm not sure if it really does everything that the D70 can do with a flash. I'm still a newbie at this stuff, so I don't know a lot of the special modes. I think that the 50dx does not allow you to use the full potential of the D70. They recommend the 800dx everywhere that the D70 is discussed. One thing that I have noticed with limitted use of the 50dx with the D70 is that the flash does not seem to recognize the zoom setting of the lens like it does with the N75.

stick35 said:
I have an SB-50dx that I bought for my N75. I recently bought a D70 and the SB-50dx does work with the D70, but I'm not sure if it really does everything that the D70 can do with a flash. I'm still a newbie at this stuff, so I don't know a lot of the special modes. I think that the 50dx does not allow you to use the full potential of the D70. They recommend the 800dx everywhere that the D70 is discussed. One thing that I have noticed with limitted use of the 50dx with the D70 is that the flash does not seem to recognize the zoom setting of the lens like it does with the N75.
Correct. The SB50 does not support iTTL flash like the SB800. The SB600 is the only other flash with iTTL.

Here's a reverse question for those that might know:

Will the 800 work with the N75?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back