Nikon shuttle speed meter

Lee_Maryland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For Nikon users, I am having trouble understanding the shuttle speed meter on my D90. It is only giving me a number, let’s say 8. Does that mean 8 second, or 1/8’s of a second? Sometimes I will adjust to 150-250 or faster for a correct exposure, and the 0 is half cutted off (I only see the bottom half of the numbers?) is this normal?

Not sure on the second part but I believe in your example its 1/8 of a second. 8 seconds would be represented with a double quote such as 8"

So 250 is actually 1/250

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If it says 8 it means 1/8 of a second.
If it says 8" it means 8 seconds.

EDIT - Darn, too late. xD

Not sure on the second part but I believe in your example its 1/8 of a second. 8 seconds would be represented with a double quote such as 8"

So 250 is actually 1/250

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I mean when I set it to 1/250, the 0 looks half cutted off. it is not a 0, and more looks like o. is that normal?

Yes, that's just how Nikon displays a zero.

And yes...shutter speed, not shuttle speed.

kool. shutter speed it is.

Man, I tho my LCD is half broken for a minute, thanks guys.

Read your owner's manual...cover to cover...twice. ;)

Gotta love the "shuttle" hehe

Had to read it twice to make sure were not talking about some DSLR on jetpacks or something

Had to read it twice to make sure were not talking about some DSLR on jetpacks or something

I doubt you'll find a jetpack that can obtain escape velocity.
thdirol.gif

LOL...this is actually really funny...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back