Nikon Speedlight options

rgribbons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I currently have a crappy jessops speedlight which does not work right in TTL once the head is tilted so I am on the look out for a new one.
I had thought about SB600 but now i'm thinking i buy new.

For now I will only be using it occasionally on camera for portraits on my D90. the options I am looking at are Nissin DI622 mkii, Metz 50AF1 or SB700.

Will the Nissin do what I need (at a much ower price) or is there something I am missing and should I loo at the others instead.

I may move to FF in the future and would this work ok on that?

I quit using TTL flash entirely.

Just using manual modes is so much less complex and easier to learn, easier and quicker to setup, and produces much more consistant results.

I can buy any brand of flash unit that can just trigger from whatever camera I use, and don't have to pay extra for flash units that have features I'll never use. Consequently I was able to have more lights, modifiers, etc.

When I set my lens to 24mm and my flash head is pointing straight forward the zoom on the flash shows as 24. However when I tilt the head it changes to 50mm even if I don't change the lens. Is this correct or is there something faulty?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back