Nikon vs. Canon: Opinions Please

The best camera is the one that does what you need it to do. In most cases there are multiple brands that do this. So think about what lenses you want to use and see if they're available in the camera's lens mount. The point is is that there really aren't that many "bad" cameras, can't say the same for lenses but you really just have to pick a brand and stick with it. Now I would suggest a Pentax K-7 or K-5. While Pentax doesn't have a full-frame camera yet, they do have excellent lenses and the widely used K-mount.

Canon EOS can be adapted to so many inexpensive lenses... $_DSC7398_Canon_adapted_1000x.jpg I just spent a few minutes and quickly put a flash head into the back speedring of an already set-up mini-softbox with grid, and plopped a reflector down byt my desk and taped a piece of Office Depot white poster board to the front screen of my iMac to make a "seamless background". I then put down a LOW, low budget lens array that can cover a lot of uses on an older, relatively low-cost $750 Canon 5D FF camera... from left we have the absolutely BEAUTIFULLY-made Vivtar Series 1 55mm f/2.8 macro in M42 thread mount; the 5D "Classic" body with a $17 e-Bay Nikon F-mount-to Canon EF mount adapter on the 24mm f/2.8 Ai-S Nikkor wide-angle on the camera;to the right of the lens on the camera is an Olympus OM system 28mm wide-angle lens; in the back right, the lens closest to the camera is the M42 thread mount Asahi Super-Takumar 135mm f/3.5 with a screw-in lens hood, and the far right lens is the M42 Asahi Super-Takumar 200mm f/4. The wide-angle in the front, far right, is a $13 garage sale lens, an M42 mount Super Lentar 35mm f/2.8 lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back