Nikon vs. Canon

Alex_B said:
= "quit talking f*ggot" ???????????

:grumpy:

that doesn't even make sense...QFT is "quoted for truth" or "quite f*ckin' true." "quit talking f*ggot" isn't even in the right letter order.

:meh:

aNgLiaM said:
that doesn't even make sense...QFT is "quoted for truth" or "quite f*ckin' true." "quit talking f*ggot" isn't even in the right letter order.

:meh:

see my last post!
sorry, was just not concentrated and as that acronym made no sense to me I entered it in google and one of the hits was what I posted ;)

Don't worry, no offense taken :D

I shoot both film and digital with Canon cameras (respectively, an EOS ELAN 7ne and a DRebel XT). I've never shot with a Nikon, so I can't speak for myself. But, the reason I made my first SLR a Canon is that a friend of mine, a longtime professional photographer, recommended it. This person is a Nikon user who told me that now that he's gone digital he would've preferred a Canon, but that he was too deeply invested in Nikon glass to make the switch. But he recommended that I get a Canon.

I'm happy with both my Canons, but I've always wondered why most professional photographers (the ones that I happen to know or know about) seem to be Nikon shooters. Maybe they're in the same position as my friend. They began as Nikon 35mm shooters. This is just my admittedly limited personal perception, though. :confused:

Alex_B said:
see my last post!
sorry, was just not concentrated and as that acronym made no sense to me I entered it in google and one of the hits was what I posted ;)

Don't worry, no offense taken :D
first hit on google ;)

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=QFT&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

1. QFT 677 up, 93 down
QUOTED FOR TRUTH

;) Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours. :lol:

you know i just gotta rub it in a little now that you're down

aNgLiaM said:
1. QFT 677 up, 93 down
QUOTED FOR TRUTH

;) Used on internet forums when quoting someone with similar views as yours. :lol:

you know i just gotta rub it in a little now that you're down

pffffff... now I can see it myself, probably I mistyped it while on google.

Actually I do not feel all that down ;) Managed to post plenty of nice pictures on the forum today, all of them taken with film SLRs, and I will have pizza soon :lmao:

Alex_B said:
pffffff... now I can see it myself, probably I mistyped it while on google.

Actually I do not feel all that down ;) Managed to post plenty of nice pictures on the forum today, all of them taken with film SLRs, and I will have pizza soon :lmao:

pizza? :( i want pizza.:grumpy:

DocFrankenstein said:
Have you come across the new sigma? It has re-released their new camera which is a non-interpolated foveon sensor based goodness.

Sigma SD14

Here's a more graphical presentation.
ahh yes i looked into that a little when it was announced. very interesting. unfortunately i *think* that, like the sd10 (Which had something slightly similar), it has the potential to be a bit of a dissapointment in actual shooting situations. the color looks nice though :D

thebeginning said:
ahh yes i looked into that a little when it was announced. very interesting. unfortunately i *think* that, like the sd10 (Which had something slightly similar), it has the potential to be a bit of a dissapointment in actual shooting situations. the color looks nice though :D
What did SD10 do badly?

I've never even seen that camera, let alone know how it performs.

EDIT: but i'm really curious as to the performance, because I'll probably get that SD14 and dump canon if the body goes for the same amount a 30D does.

DocFrankenstein said:
What did SD10 do badly?

I've never even seen that camera, let alone know how it performs.

EDIT: but i'm really curious as to the performance, because I'll probably get that SD14 and dump canon if the body goes for the same amount a 30D does.

i haven't done extensive research on it, but from what i have read and picked up, the sd10 had good color reproduction, but not much else. it had a few nice things like a dust protection screen (also on the sd14) but when compared to nicer canon or nikon bodies they were just dinky. the AF was slow, the body was made badly, it only capture RAW, it had bad high ISO performance, etc.

i'd just wait for a while till some exstensive reviews come out before getting one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back