Nikon Z9

You guys are so funny! I shoot Canon but I'm sure the Z9 will be capable. Honestly, the most important strategy for a body maker is to lock customers into their glass. Customers with a significant investment in glass are much less likely to switch their bodies to a different platform.

All one has to do is look around at sporting, media events and commercial shoots to know that working pros don't care about camera makers marketing departments, they using the gear that gets the shot and makes them money.

If people go to "influencers" to get their information on new products, they are being hood winked by sudo sales people who often get gear for free or reduced prices for their "opinions". No bias there . . . lol.

Not sure who pays the slightest attention to what they're shooting with! The point being social media delivers far more eyeballs to camera-makers' wares. Live with it.

I didn't disagree with your statement about influencers, there is a sucker born everyday.

The Z9 is now available to pre-order, whoop whoop!

Looking at some early reviews of beta testers, it is looking exceptionally good.

The Z9 is now available to pre-order, whoop whoop!

Looking at some early reviews of beta testers, it is looking exceptionally good.
Met a Nikon shooter on the sideline today who has one on order. I'm sure the wait is brutal. He's hoping for delivering before end of the year.

-

I am not going to convert to "Z" as the 5, 6, and 7, are in no way
offering improvements or solutions in my trade. That said, the Z9
is very well worth second thoughts… this is a beast.

Being a single digit heavy user, this body is the closest thing that
could fit advantageously in my paws. I am not going to run for it
though as the available lens are not to my actual system.

I don't care much for the stellar video performances improvements
that take the bar so high that no one can reach it at this time, I am
for ever on the photo side of the trade.

The Z9… worth another look.

This new camera certainly hits a price/performace ratio that's impressive in any flagship camera.

If he is an NPS member he'll get priority over non-pros looking to snap one or two up.

Nikon just seems numb/averse to innovation. I look at Fuji who rolled out the X100 mirrorless ten years ago--a genuine halo product that grabbed unexpected attention and sales.

Nikon rolled out the Nikon 1 mirrorless series 10 years ago as well (same year as the Fuji X100). I would assume the mistake was not innovation, but instead targeting the lower end user market (many of whom were spending money on and happy with the pictures from their camera phones) where Fuji and later Sony targeted the enthusiast/prosumer market with their mirrorless products.

Nikon rolled out the Nikon 1 mirrorless series 10 years ago as well (same year as the Fuji X100). I would assume the mistake was not innovation, but instead targeting the lower end user market (many of whom were spending money on and happy with the pictures from their camera phones) where Fuji and later Sony targeted the enthusiast/prosumer market with their mirrorless products.

It was a DOA product: tiny sensor, non-F mount lenses, dead-end system. Seems they learned little from the earlier APS Pronea ILC bust. That simply wasn't the case with the X100 whose sales figures surprised even Fuji whose developers ante'd up, rolled the dice, and won. No comparison, sorry.

Last edited:
I'm not taking anything away from Fuji, of course the X100 is a much better camera - Nikon J1 was way smaller, half the weight and half the price of the X100... obviously geared towards a completely different target market, a market that was more eager to spend money on a smart phone for pictures than a portable camera. It was only a couple inches tall, most f-mount lenses would be bigger than the height of the camera :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back