Nissa Beach Shoot

dcbear78

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.crewonephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first ever swimwear/beach shoot. I lined up this model after seeing her in well known pageant. She has never done any photographic modelling and wants to get into it.

I am pleasantly surprised by the result. I think she is gorgeous and I hope my photos do her justice.

As also please feel free to give CC. I struggle with posing so always looking for tips there.

These first couple are a bit soft. I think I am going to have to check the focus on my beloved Tamron 70-200mm which up to this point has been extremely sharp. The last ones are with Sigma Art 50mm.

Nissa
by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

Nissa

Nissa

Wish I had've chosen a longer focal length here. I think she looks cartoony with her head being too big.

Nissa

Nissa

Nissa

Nissa

Last edited:
She is beautiful and these are quite nice.
The last 5 are quite nice but the first two are a bit flat and dull in comparison.
I like #5 the most, not only for its technical characteristics but because the impact is from her expression and the technical qualities of the image as opposed to her figure.

Super for a first-ever type of set. She has a lot of modeling potential. Good processing on these, nice lenswork too. The lighting is also very nice.

Very nice. Love #5 composition and lighting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Love the eyes in the first shot.

She is beautiful and these are quite nice.
The last 5 are quite nice but the first two are a bit flat and dull in comparison.
I like #5 the most, not only for its technical characteristics but because the impact is from her expression and the technical qualities of the image as opposed to her figure.

Completely agree with this. The photos are posted in chronological order. The first two are at a different beach to the rest and was more an open shade environment. We moved around the point to do the rest as I was wanting the setting sun over the water for the background and used my lights more extensively. I just wished I had used a softbox to soften some shadows, but not having anyone to hold a light stand on a windy beach meant I went with the standard reflector on my Godox/Streaklight AD360.

And #5 is my pick too.

I like #1 best but the light on the sea in #7 is incredible.

She has eyes you could drown in. :D

When I first met her just before we started shooting I was blown away by her eyes. These photos don't quite do them justice as I have taken some blue out in processing. They are even more vivid in real life.

Liked all the pictures. The model and the way u have used light is super.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

She will do incredible in the modeling world. She already looks very natural and comfortable in her posing! :)

I do think #6 would look better is the front half of the skirt thing was blowing between her legs instead of against her leg, but it still looks great. And tell me if you think I am wrong there, I am new to all of this and maybe way off base. :)

It is a lovely set of a lovely model, and you both did a great job! :)

She will do incredible in the modeling world. She already looks very natural and comfortable in her posing! :)

I do think #6 would look better is the front half of the skirt thing was blowing between her legs instead of against her leg, but it still looks great. And tell me if you think I am wrong there, I am new to all of this and maybe way off base. :)

It is a lovely set of a lovely model, and you both did a great job! :)
I think I may have had some that did that but it looked odd. Not entirely sure right now as I'm not near my computer. This wasn't really intentional. At that time of the day the light is changing so rapidly, constantly adjusting exposure and flash power, it's a bit of a mad dash to get the photos you can. All bar the first 2 photos are taken in about 15 minutes.

nice looking model

Can't see the first two photos. Number 3 and 4 are really good. Number 7 there is weird markings on her leg, maybe light reflections or something, that hurts the photo IMO

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back