Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sometimes, I wander.

I wander down ravines. I wander to the sea. I wander onto cliffs. I wander, in search of photos. Last week, I found one.

I had already shot a landscape which I thought would be decent, so I packed up the tripod and walked up the coast. Turning off abandoned railroad tracks, I decided I'd skirt the cliff-side agriculture fields just North of Davenport Beach. With sunset an hour out, I expected to set up for a long exposure on some precipice. I didn't expect to be charged by an 8 month old puppy out of nowhere.

Turns out, that pup belonged to Noah and Brendan, two locals fishing off the cliffs some 100 ft above the water below. I asked if I could share their cliff, and they kindly obliged. The three of us chatted for almost an hour, between their threading new bait and my snapping the occasional sneak photo. We chatted about life, about our parents, and watched as whales breached in the distance.

Some sunsets, you'll never forget.

Noah's Arc byAustin Greene, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful.Looks like he got a fish on or a bunch of weeds.

Last edited:
Great shot in a difficult lighting situation!

Ark. An arc is when electricity bridges an air gap between two conductive materials.

It's always great to check in and see folks enjoyed a photo :) Thanks for all the feedback!

What a great photo with a nice memory attached!
HOW in the heck did you take this? Is it a merge of photos?

Thanks! Nope, it's a single exposure. I've gotten handy at shooting portraits with my wide-angle while using a Lee graduated filter :)

Beautiful.Looks like he got a fish on or a bunch of weeds.

Haha, it was a snag unfortunately. In his words "the whales are eating all the fish!"

Great shot in a difficult lighting situation!

Ark. An arc is when electricity bridges an air gap between two conductive materials.

Nope, Arc is what I meant. Arc in it's primary noun form refers to "a part of the circumference of a circle or other curve." I'm specifically relating the title to the arc of his pole, created by his casting motion. It's a play on words, and perhaps a bit contrived, but "Arc" none the less :)

That would be my sign to find a new place to fish when I see whales,Great whites or seals.LOL

Always killing it dude.

Low camera position would make the arc of the bent fishing rod stand out very clearly against the sky; as seen, the rod suffers from a figure/ground merge (Hunting & Fishing News weekly newspaper shooting tip there...) that lessens the visual presence of the rod to a large degree.

I so highly appreciate the play on words there. Nicely done.

Jake

Most reactions

Back