Sedona, Arizona by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

waiting for the ferry by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

suburban train, chennai by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

swayambunath (aka the monkey temple) by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

milky way over the monastery by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

everest at sunrise by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

and a couple oldies:
$farwellnight.jpg
this is last one is nearly 6 years old. I want to try it again now that I have more experience and a better camera. I just need: lots of snow, a full moon, and not too many clouds. This winter was very cloudy...
$176.jpg

I love night photography, there is just so much you can do with it. It is where I feel limited though with a DX camera though. Lower noise at higher ISO motivates me to want to make the switch. In the meantime though I think I can improve on the images that I am taking with the D7000. I just recently learned about the "Long Exposure Noise Reduction" and am kicking myself for having not been using it in the past. I am looking forward to trying it out soon and seeing how much of a difference it makes.

Sw1tchFX, your pictures are amazing by the way. Inspirational for sure! I also read your article (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/articles-interest/276016-shooting-night-pictures-stars-stuff.html) a while back and it contains some great info! It's actually how I came across this forum in the first place.

Last edited:
Aw... a thread started by ksmattfish. I miss him.

Pretty stuff...but where are the night street shooters?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back