Noise Ninja help

I

Iron Flatline

Yikes. I took some crowd shots after the World Cup Final. I had to shoot late at night without flash, so I cranked up my ISO to 3200, knowing I would have to deal with the noise later.

I had heard a lot about Noise Ninja, and purchased the Pro Plug-In for CS2. I like to work with 32-bit color from RAW, so hence the decision to go with the Pro product.

The problem is that I have no idea how to use it. It's pretty sophisticated. Can any of you give me a quick three sentence intro so I know how to start using it? My initial attempts are point-and-click silliness.

I use it but I am in the same boat as you.. I just play with settings until something looks good.

Haven't used it in a loooong time. I just downloded to my mac. The interface looks different than from PC. But the fuctions are basically the same.

What I used to do was pretty simple:
First run the Profile Image. It will measure the noise in the image.
Then click OK.
Viola! I was happy with the results.

You could however fiddle with the controls in the Filter & Noise Brush tabs, if you want.

I was going to say use the profile image to get ya started. After trying noise ninja and Noiseware pro I finally settled on liking Noiseware pro because noise ninja seems to destroy a little too much detail on the higher settings unlike noise ninja so I am curious to see the results you get.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Yep click profile image forst...and if it looks a little over or underdone then go to filters and you can adjust the strength in there...

sorry I havent really discovered the rest of it yet...lol

Most reactions

Back