Noise Reduction Software

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a recommendation of a good noise reduction software, preferably free. I have a few basketball shots I am trying to edit but I had to use ISO HI due to the darkness inside the gym.

Two that used to get mentioned a lot were Noise Ninja and Neat Image.

Thanks, I am currently trying out neat image. This is just another whole new set of sliders to learn!

Noiseware pro is my favorite, but it isn't free (there may be a free trial version). I have both the CS4 plugin and the standalone, but I almost never use it except as a plugin. It works great and is easy to use.

Imagenomic - Imagination at Shutter Speed

I'm pretty sure Neat Image has a free trial version.

Neat image has a trail version - last time I looked and downloaded it was hampered quite significantly if you used it as a plugin - however using the demo version in its standalone mode (ie save the image as a Tiff and then open it in the neat image noise reduction program) gave one more control and options.
I also think it might be limited in what it can save the files as - JPEG only I think. It does however not add little watermarks to your images so you can use it without suffering penalties

I've been trying out different products lately and Noiseware seems to reduce noise while retaining details better than the others I've tried. Topaz DeNoise has a free 30 day trial and Noiseware has a trial version that overlays a grid over your shot. Topaz seems a little more user friendly.

Most reactions

Back