First shot is a frozen dam in the background which you can't really make out in the smaller photo size. I personally like the contrast of the vibrant graffiti against a cold, dull, dreary winter day.
The second one just popped to me. I took about 50 shots of this building and this one just really spoke to me the most. I purposely shot the whole building trying to show most of the graffiti with an emphasis on the newest (blue/yellow JC). I realize now that nobody here knows this but this is a "dead" area. The roads are all shut down, the buildings are all empty, and most of the homes are empty as well. This graffiti is the only life here. That is the purpose/meaning of the shot.
-tailz - I don't know where to go with that. To me, the reasoning behind any photo is that it strikes you or is interesting to you. Unless I quit my job and start shooting to make money, I don't see that changing. I'm afraid that I don't understand. What exactly does that mean? Hopefully I clarified the meaning above.
- Timothy - I plan to go back. This was actually one of the last shots that I took after walking around for a while. I was running really late so I definitely want to go back to get some more shots soon.
- AliasPros / Noonz - Thanks but I think I'm a ways off from getting models in any of my "shoots". I just picked up a XSi on Tuesday to get back into photography a bit. It's been 10+ years since I really did any creative photography.