noob wanting to do pet photography C&C needed

Centre = not better. Well, unless you centre your subject in ze golden rectangle. Though learning to shoot off-centre all the time won't help either. Gotta stay flexible. Fair choice on waiting to shoot more until you're comfy.

i have only been shooting a year and really want an SLR but bf does not think my photo's are good enough for an SLR

It sounds like you need a new boyfriend, not a new camera.

I fully agree...I wonder if they will do a trade in:lol: To bad you can't lemon law your worse half:lmao:

I think your photos are really great - and I do think that if you had a DSLR your pics would be fantastic . They are very artsy - they remind me of looking through a calendar - and maybe that's something to keep in mind??
I think you need a lot more support though to believe in yourself, so from now on, don't go to your bf, come here - and good on you for trying to save on the side for the camera!!

Good luck, look forward to seeing more!

Thank you so much! Yea one of the reasons I have been posting here so much was to see if he was right or I just was a snap shot gal. I really wanted the SLR because I wanted nice clear crisp photo's I understand I need to learn to shoot good photo's with the one I have but no mater what I try I get noise or photo's that just are not crisp and clear.. maybe I need to keep playing with it:confused:

Buying a SLR before or after learning seems to be down to a matter of personal opinion - I liken it to learning to drive a Manual first so then you're ready to jump into an Auto at any point, or learning in an Auto and graduating to a manual once you have the road rules and the basics down pat!! I myself, chose to learn in the manual - as I have chosen to learn photography with a SLR. Some of jump straight in the deep end and learn it all from there while some choose to wade in the shallow end and learn a little at a time... it's all about how you learn best and what works for you!

Being creative is a very important part of any artistic medium, and you have the artistic ability, practice with your camera until you have the money aside for the SLR, and read read read... You can use this time to learn about the key fundamentals such as composition etc. and the rest when you have the tools available, but don't doubt yourself and don't let anybody doubt you! Good luck :)

i have only been shooting a year and really want an SLR but bf does not think my photo's are good enough for an SLR

It sounds like you need a new boyfriend, not a new camera.

I was so tempted to say the same thing. There are also a lot of other things I am tempted to say but won't because this isn't the place.

Keep shooting...but in addition to that, get yourself to the library and check out books on composition and exposure.

If the cost of a DSLR is prohibitive for you right now (meaning your bf won't allow you to spend the money), check into Ebay for gently used DSLR's. You might find a deal that allows you to step into the DSLR market for less than half of what a new one costs. It's just a suggestion but one that might cool your BF's jets.

Seriously, I think you have a good eye. Seems like you also really love animals and pet photograhy might be a burgeoning passion of yours. And yes, I think a DSLR will help expand your options and clear up some of what you've got going on up there with a couple of your images, as will learning as much as you can about photography. And keep visiting the forums here and reading as much as possible. I'm brand new around here and everyone has been ultra cool even though I pepper them with a million questions...and get this- I've been shooting for 6 years and know NOTHING about photography. I'm doing it all backwards! So, I'm just learning too!

Good luck!

Again Thank you all so much for you time and the C&C! When I was younger I wanted to be a wildlife photographer...I know how hard it is the brake into that...so I have a huge love for animals and that why I guess my mother opted for me to get into pet photography..anywho I have been reading and reading the only problem is, is that Im more of a hands on person..show me and I can get it but reading tech stuff makkes my brain turn to mush...I have opted to sign up for a photography class at our local CC in hopes it will help. It's only $200 for the 6 week class so I guessed my best bet would be to take the class then shoot for the SLR;)

Most reactions

Back