Noob

Mickey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a little intro, I am a Newbie to this site and have been lurking and looking at everyones amazing talent. I am a native to Oregon, specifically the Portland Metro area. I do mostly Landscape and Wildlife photography.
I have only been a hobbyist of photography for about a year so there is a lot for me to learn but I love to, so I look forward to learn from others and share my photography in the process.

So here are just a few I took the other day.
C&C are welcome.

SeptGoose025-1.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

CopyofDSC_0069.jpg

My buddies dog "Gunner"
DSC_0025NEF.jpg

DSC_0029NEF.jpg

Thanks,
Mickey

I love the second, beautiful expression on the duck and great sharpness. On the first the PSing is a little overdone and there is a halo around it which bugs me but great shot nonetheless.

I love your bird photos - great focusing work with all 3 - some darker areas, but wildlife is hardly ever easy to shoot - and in shot 2 the lighting and shadows highlighting the head really makes that shot!

With the dog in the first shot you have his nose in wonderfull sharpness, his eyes less so - I find with animals in general because they have long faces, when you shoot direct on its better to use a smaller aperture (larger f number) something between f5.6 and f8 area though more if you are closer. That way when you focus on the eyes (best place) you have more of a chance of getting the nose in focus as well.
The last shot is a great and angle and also good to be wide open with the lens aperture - but its a shame that you cut off the top of his head.

Beginner you might be, but you are showing some great skills here

Thnx, overread, I appreciate the input and the compliment as well.

I love the pics of the dog, so clear

Most reactions

Back