Noobish D60 question....

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another thread got me to thinking...

On Nikon's manual mode(dial on top), can you still set the lens to autofocus or MUST you focus manually? This provided of course that the lens has a focus motor....

I was under the impression that you HAD to manually focus in M mode, or aperture/shutter priority mode. Now I think I'm wrong.... I scoured the manual but didn't find a definite answer.

The M mode on the dial refers to setting exposure not focus.

The switch on the lens itself allows you to manual focus. Also, on the D60 I think you can switch to manual in the menu.

I was aware of what the dial did, I just wasn't sure if setting to M(I shoot in M 99% of the time) disabled the autofocus.

Thanks for your answer.

Manual EXPOSURE mode has nothing to do with manual FOCUS mode.

I'm not sure what made me think the two functions were tied together but I did. Maybe from using a point/shoot for the last 4 years...

I was aware of what the dial did, I just wasn't sure if setting to M(I shoot in M 99% of the time) disabled the autofocus.

Thanks for your answer.

You shoot in M 99% of the time, yet you don't know whether you still have autofocus in M mode? I must be missing something here.

What is there to miss?

Do you usually just post in someone's thread with a veiled insult?

You shoot in M 99% of the time, yet you don't know whether you still have autofocus in M mode? I must be missing something here.

Tact?

You assume that being able to adjust a camera manually (something that is near universal on various camera bodies) implies the ability to know the technical ins and out of said body. That is a failure on your part, not the OP's.

Most reactions

Back