NOT for the forum's arachnophobes!!!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spiders in front of our house (there are so many of them) in orange, blue and green (all in the same place, really, but I twisted and bowed and turned so I'd get these different backgrounds).

Spinne_orange_framed.jpg

Spinne_blau_framed.jpg

Spinne_grn_framed.jpg

(I used flash in -2 for these).

You made me curious with the thread's title..now that I looked..i'm all ichy! :s

nice close ups though, i love the different coloured backgrounds...

for real i love the different colors in the background. serious props.

I don't like spiders and snakes
And that ain't what it takes to love me
Like I wanna be loved by you

Mysteryscribe: I never beat people. So no worries.
When I took these, I was more concentrated on the close-ups, the detail, and the backgrounds (first is the wall of our house in late evening sun light and so blurred that you can no longer see it is klinker bricks, really, second is the sky, which was no hard guess, I think, and third is our next-door neighbour's garden, well, some part of it). So for these I did not worry about anchoring points.

And I like how the web looks like some sort of trampoline in the "green" pic... did you mean THAT as the one that would need to show the anchor point?

And hey, you were all warned!
Why do those who don't like spiders come in then? :greenpbl:

Well then :D...
(And for the "green" one I tried for once to get a different perspective of a spider in her web and tried to shoot from the side, STILL getting this close ... actually it was HANGING underneath ... this was rotated by 180° for better viewing).

Even more creepy things!?!? :) and very nice they are too. Do you have any kind of exposure compensation on the on camera flash? I think it really is turning out well, and was wondering what you could do, the only things i could come up with are either to under expose the shot and then brighten it up in photoshop a bit, or otherwise to get a bit of tracing paper and tape it to a UV filter or something similar so as it can sit on the front of the camera. I have had some pretty good results using tracing paper like this as it works very well as a diffuser, it gives an almost lightbox quality but still with a slight directional shadow as the on camera flash is to one side of the lense but there is light everywhere. I actually prefere it to my rign flash, it is just a bit impracticle to carry about and difficult o see the subject when you are not looking through the viewfinder.
tim

Well, I set the flash exposure compensation to -2 (lowest I can go via the menu) and did not use any further diffusers or so. Actually I had only just stepped out of the front door meaning to put on the rollerblades to go out on my tour when I saw these big spider webs all over the bushes in our nextdoor neighbour's garden (semidetached house). So these were some very spur-of-the-moment photos for which I did not bring the cut-open opaque film roll that I sometimes shove over the flash ...

I'm glad you like these :D.

Thread-resurrection:

I feared Jerry (NoteGraphics) might feel enticed to open this thread even THOUGH there is this clear warning in the title, but he announced he would need to take spider pics at some point in time and was NOT looking forward to it at all, and he has not been to the forum since. :shock:

Jerry!
What happened?
You fainted?
Knocked your head hard on something then?

Are in hospital now???????
Tell us!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back