Not sure if I went too far with this one

rslt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was after a Batman Gotham City type look.

IMG_8938 copy copy1 (1).jpg

Nice pic ... I think Zuul and Gozer live in a double there.

Just add lightening.
th

IMO, very nice photo and processing.
Right on the Batman-Gothic look.
The front building has a tiny rotation that doesn't seem to help any.

2020-03-02_14-07-26rot.jpg

Thanks for the comments.
Ahh the dreaded rotation, it is something that I nearly always overlook but, yes, it makes a big difference.
Thanks for pointing it out

The original as shown was quite good. I do not think the slight rotation was even noticeable, but if you lay a protractor on your images then possibly it was. If you need to open an image in Photoshop to see if it has a slight rotation then I think there are other issues besides the photo at play.

When viewing the original image on my phone if I tilt my phone at a steep angle and look down the screen, the center of the building appears to be dead center in my phone screen. In other words I cannot visually detect that there is any rotation at all. However if the image is opened in Photoshop then one can use advanced tools to detect that there is indeed a very slight degree of rotation. My experience has been that the General Public will accept incorrect rotation quite readily, but there are some people who are extremely sensitive to this. Such individuals often "detect" rotation when there is in fact an actual physical reason, such as a horizon that shows a slight hill or when they confuse near and far lakeshore distances with wrongly-oriented cameras.

Yep, fair assessment and I agree.
It is one of those details I keep forgetting about when the tilt is only slight and in the spirit of constantly improving it is a good 'poke' to focus on details as well.

I am one of those people who is very sensitive to angular rotation and I 'see' it.
Rather than looking at an image on a screen the size of a phone, I suggest opening the image on an actual monitor.

If you need to open an image in Photoshop to see if it has a slight rotation then I think there are other issues besides the photo at play.

If you are implying that I have another agenda or other 'issues', perhaps, in the spirit of being honest and open, you might just say what you are thinking

Yeah, probably a bit too far, as far as "the rules" go. But the reflection of the windows on the left side make what would otherwise be a mistake, into a very interesting image. That, along with the sky, assure that it's an arresting image.

Most reactions

Back