What's new

Nothing to Hide

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.



7925647990_fc28f9c5db_o.jpg
 
SURE, sure, nothing to hide...then WHY is the first image not showing up??? Do you have something to hide?$NOTHING TO HIDE SCREEN CAP.webp
 
I like it... it is not something I would hang, but I do know people that would! Interesting play on rectangles...
 
Neat--makes me wonder whose picture was once there? Any ideas?
 
Framed and hung it would be a good visual joke, which I think would obscure the work entirely, leaving only the witty jest.

It's a bit art school, by which I mean something like mannered and formal. Not a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing. It looks like the result of liking Woodman and Mondrian.

I feel like it's trying to be evocative of something, but it's not quite reaching me. A bit of that woodman desolation, maybe. I don't much care for woodman anyways, though, so that association is probably getting in the way for me.
 
Love the shot. Not so much the title. ;)
 
Love the shot. Not so much the title. ;)

Yeah, this is one of those where the title is trying to make me see it in a particular way. I generally don't like titles that try to direct my experience of the work. Sometimes the title strengthens the work, sometimes not, but always it takes away from the work at least slightly.
 
Like the image a lot, indifferent about the title. There is a slight tilt to the right. Don't know if this was for some reason intentional.
 
The title is rather meaningless. We do need to title threads, so I did. I'll address that with my next group of posts.

Ken, I think there may be some distortion, curving the bottom a bit. I'll have to address that. The dirty rectangle is crooked in real life, however.

Thanks for looking!
 
I like it, but the tilt or distortion really does bother me
 
I like it, but the tilt or distortion really does bother me


Isn't it funny how small a tilt or curve can be so bothersome?

You know, I never actually paid attention to them until I came here. The first couple of pictures I posted were tilted and I hadn't even noticed...now tilts drive me crazy.

Thanks, guys :/

:)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom