NSFW How changing my diet changed my body......

Didn't he send you that picture in the speedo?! Yum!!

Forget about all of those stupid trendy diets on Pinterest or whatever. There is only one diet most people could ever need, and it’s called the “stop eating ****ty food diet”.

Seriously though, making healthy eating habits a permanent fixture in your life is what should be strived for—not some ridiculous temporary torture routine. So much of it is just common sense. Learn how to prepare meals from whole ingredients. Keep fast food at once per month, or ban it completely. Don’t rely upon blankets of cheese to make your meals taste good. Bake, boil, and BBQ rather than deep fry. Leave the potato chips at the store. And for God’s sake, launch the Coke and Mountain Dew to the freakin’ moon.

It all starts with education. If you don’t know how to read a food label, then a modern supermarket might as well be a minefield.

EDIT: one more thing I want to add is that there seems to be this misconception that eating healthy by definition means that everything you eat is bland and boring. I can’t even begin to describe how big of a heap of crap that is. There are countless herbs, spices, and other ingredients that can make food taste great without the need for sodium, corn syrup, and super-heated lard—you just need to acquire a taste for them.

Last edited:
<snip> Bake, boil, and BBQ rather than deep fry. <snip>
If the protein is properly prepared, if a quality oil with a high smoke point is used (Peanut or Canola) and the temperature is hot enough (375° to 400°), very little oil is actually absorbed by the protein. Bake, broil and BBQ are better alternatives, but frying isn't gonna kill you.

when you deep fry properly, you're actually steaming the meat because you're trapping the moisture inside. So yeah, oil shouldn't be getting absorbed. Problem is, it does in the breading.

when you deep fry properly, you're actually steaming the meat because you're trapping the moisture inside. So yeah, oil shouldn't be getting absorbed. Problem is, it does in the breading.

If you must fry, fry in Virgin oil.

Edit: I meant virgin OLIVE oil lol.

*snort*

Actually, as much as I love virgin olive oil, it's not the best oil to fry with, at least not for deep frying. Low smoke point.

*snort*

Actually, as much as I love virgin olive oil, it's not the best oil to fry with, at least not for deep frying. Low smoke point.

Try cooking tilapia in olive oil. Stuff is amazing!

*snort*

It's like anything else: moderation is the key. Using the correct oils and only frying occasionally is just an alternative way to prepare food from scratch. Going to fast food chains and eating their (old, well-used) greasy deep-fried plonk does not compare!

It's like anything else: moderation is the key. Using the correct oils and only frying occasionally is just an alternative way to prepare food from scratch. Going to fast food chains and eating their (old, well-used) greasy deep-fried plonk does not compare!

But Mcdonald's fries are..the best!!

I do use olive oil almost exclusively for most things (grow up in a Portuguese family and you have no choice!) but I'm only saying that it's not recommended for deep frying.

The most horrifyingly delicious fries I ever had was at a place in Portland, ME called Duck Fat. It's exactly what it sounds like - they cook stuff in duck fat. I hated myself just a little bit for trying them but oh dear merciful god in heaven, they were delicious. They made me sick for the rest of the day but I didn't even care. I'd totally have them again but there has to be a couple of years in between portions ;)

Really now, most reports showed that tilapia has less mercury than most and makes it affordable to eat it.

But really bacon is good. Eating bacon has the right amount of saturated fat your body needs.

Let's put it this way, your body burns calories during the day. If you want to gain muscle your body needs to eat fat, so the carbs and protien can repair the damage muscle and make it grow.

Last edited:
If this thread doesn't get sexy again real quick, there's gonna be trouble. Our guests expectations when they see the NSFW label are not to be disappointed.

Also, I'm bored.

You look great! Don't you feel so much better too? Congrats to you too. Please keep me updated on your progress. Your wife and baby are adorable too.
Thanks so much for the compliments, I do feel SO much better, absolutely! You keep me posted too, accountability partners are always a help. :)

Would anyone be interested in creating a separate "fitness accountability" thread, where other people who are trying to lose weight/increase fitness can motivate and help each other out? I know that would be helpful for me and I've been thinking about it for a few days. Thought I'd take this opportunity to "borrow" Kathy's thread just for a second to gauge interest. (Hope you don't mind, Kathy?)

Anyone?
Absolutely!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back