Nuke-u-lar Power

IceEateer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Summer is as dry as toast where I live, so I jumped at the first sign of clouds to go do some landscape shots.

Here's one from the deactivated nuclear power plant in California.

4973666696_72fe883329_z.jpg

Nice shot - a lot of both color and tonal contrast. My one suggestion would be to crop the top to remove most of the two very bright areas. This would focus attention better on the middle of the print where there already is lots of contrast, and also on the lines of the fences and clouds leading to the cooling towers.

i like the feeling behind this shot.
rolling green hills lead you to a huge power plant...it's got interesting contrast (i mean the subject matter not photographically speaking).
i like this composition too.
some blowouts in the sky, but its not killing it for me.
well done.

I'd process this as black and white with a red filter effect, to darken the sky.

Nice photo, I like the composition.

I really appreciate the comments. They were very constructive.

How bad is it to have blown out clouds like in this picture? Some say it's dramatic. Others say it's a sign of bad exposure.

I'm a bit partial, so I sort of liked the blown out clouds. I thought it added to the picture, but I can see how some feel it detracts from it.

Nice shot - a lot of both color and tonal contrast. My one suggestion would be to crop the top to remove most of the two very bright areas. This would focus attention better on the middle of the print where there already is lots of contrast, and also on the lines of the fences and clouds leading to the cooling towers.

Tighter crop does look better. Thanks.

4974932205_d321ecca4b_z.jpg

Most reactions

Back