NYC Car Show

BrutalSS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few I took from the NYC Car Show. Hard to get pics with the crowd, but I'm happy with them. Feel free to critique, but I am not sure if the image upload site ruined them quality wise.

V45kfCh.jpg

A82TsjY.jpg

IoMtTQv.jpg

IFQvPjr.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely hard to get the shots you want when there are tons of people around. Having said that, the pictures of the Mclaren, Bugatti, and Aston Martin have the fronts of the cars cut off. Try to include more of the front end next time and I think they'd show better.

I was playing with angles with them. I also didn't have a good wide angle lens with me (I just brought my DSLR and the only had one lens, my wide angle got left on the bus, kicking myself in the ass for this, my better half told me to leave my bag on bus cause of how thief's are there). Where any of the super cars were... There was next to no way to get straight on to the cars sadly. Unless they were on a spinning pedestal.

But heres a few more. The Rolls is my favorite composition wise. The CTS-V one (last one) is kind of tight, but I really wanted to grab that V Logo and Brake Vent.

Also, anyone want to make a suggestion for a lens that would benefit me for this? I currently have a 55-200 mm 1:4-5.6GED and 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6GIIED. I don't want to spend 17k (lol) on a lens, but in the 500 bracket would be fine, as for right now, this is just fun for me.

bEWDmm8.jpg

OhHXT2V.jpg

v818hvj.jpg

6SmRJRN.jpg

fI6kugG.jpg

Last edited:
I like the whole car shots and the detail above is nice but not the cut off front IMO, nice colours BTW, yeah the Rolls takes the cake

Me too funwitha7d, just hard because of the tons of people, I can't tell you how many times someone walked into me, elbowed me etc, really tested my patience as I'm not a fan of crowds.

You have alot of space to the left in your pictures.
Just go right more and get more car and less space to the left, though I do see the one photo with the "NCX" background which I'm sure you wanted and framed well with the car for the situation.

Nice car shots though :)

You have alot of space to the left in your pictures.
Just go right more and get more car and less space to the left, though I do see the one photo with the "NCX" background which I'm sure you wanted and framed well with the car for the situation.

Nice car shots though :)
Thanks for the advice. I will definately try some more at the various car shows I go to this year. NYC car show is really hard because of the sheer amounts of people, but if I ever go back, I will keep that in mind.

I have a picture of a Cadillac and it has a Honda sign in the background, angle is goofy due to people and not being able to get too close to it, but it is comical.

Most reactions

Back